I’ve been experimenting with a MacBookAir as my primary [only] computer for about three weeks. Here’s my experience.
– The battery is excellent. I’ve found I have not had to be too consious about power monitoring. It sure goes a while without needing a charge. I don’t worry about the battery draining even when the lid is closed (it seems pretty good with that).
– The first time I rebooted, I had a “wow” experience. Start-up and shut-down is lightning quick.
– Ultra-portable. I definitely took a few pounds out of my back pack. It’s so light and easily to bring anywhere.
– The startup coupled with the portability makes it a no-brainer to whip out even for the smallest of tasks.
– Has everything I’ve always enjoyed about Macs.
– When used it the first day, it seemed to take longer that it should have to sync my dropbox and a few other things. It may have been an isolated incident with my internet connection that day.
– I stayed at a hotel this week with only wired internet in the rooms. Thankfully they had wireless in the lobby.
– I haven’t used my iPad since getting the MacBookAir.
– I’m using the 11″, 64GB model.
– I do almost everything through the browser and so far this is a great device for me.
What is your experience with the MacBookAir?