If you grew up in North America, you were probably taught in school that if you wanted to speak, you needed to raise your hand.
In today’s connected economy, you need to learn to speak without raising your hand. No one needs to give you permission.
Today you could:
- begin the journey of becoming a trusted source of information about your cause by writing 250 words
- invite 100s of people to give money towards something bigger than themselves in 140 characters
- share five best practices from your last six months of work changing the world by uploading your slides
- engage your leadership with practical solutions to organization problems just by hitting the “publish” button
- get in front of a camera, introduce yourself and convince me why I should give the 10 bucks in my pocket to your initiative
If might be uncomfortable, but you’re going to have to unlearn what they taught you in school.
Why are you keeping silent?